Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why Give In to Memes?

Hmmm.
 
Apparently there's this sickness hitting the blogosphere, a new form of chain letter called a 'meme'
 
It involves tagging, getting tagged, and answering eight seemingly random questions. Like those agonizingly annoying chain email surveys that ask you a million seemingly random, and completely pointless, forgetable questions to pass around to all your friends. The memes are shorter with eight seeming to be the number of questions always, though there might eventually be a faze 2 meme that says the amount of questions must be a different number.
 
Well - what I'm now about to ask is - if bloggers know it's a chain letter, and they don't usually participate in chain letters, and some claim even to dislike chain letters, why the heck make exceptions for memes!? I've seen the excuses for doing them, and none of them wash. C'mon people. If you don't like 'em, why do 'em?
 
Repeat after me, folks:
 
I will not get cursed for not participating in a meme. I will continue to have a normal life and my blog will still be here tomorrow. I am no less a person for failing to participate in and pass on a meme than I am for rejecting all other forms of chain letter.

No comments: